We understand your pets are part of the family so don’t expect you to leave them at home while you and your family have fun! Anna Maria Island does not have any pet-friendly beaches, but there are plenty of other options for you and your pet to enjoy the island and surrounding areas!
Many restaurants on the island are pet friendly at their outside tables. Here are some just to name a few…
Bridgetender Inn Dockside Bar, Skinny’s, Rudy’s, Rod & Reel Pier, Waterfront Restaurant, Harry’s Grill, Ginny & Jane E’s, Poppo’s Taqueria, The Donut Experiment, Vinny & Cheryl’s Italian Restaurant, The Sandbar Restaurant, The Beach House Restaurant, City Pier & Restaurant, Slim’s Place, Joe’s Eats & Sweets
Be sure to check out the pet friendly park on the island… Dog Park in the city of Holmes Beach
The pet-friendly beach near the island is a short 5 minute drive off the island at Palma Sola Causeway Park on Palma Sola Bay. You pass this beach when coming onto the island via Manatee Avenue or State Route 64. Here your pup can splash around on the beach and in the water!
There are a couple spots off the island for your pet to have some fun as well! Located just in town about 10-15 minutes off the island at GT Bray Park and Robinson Preserve. Or check out the pet-friendly shopping center, St. Armand’s Circle, or Bayfront Park/Marina in nearby Sarasota.
Furry family members are welcome in our pet friendly units under the following conditions:
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $200 pet fee. Only pets allowed are dogs. No exceptions.
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
May not have more than 2 pets AT ANY TIME in property
Each pet may not exceed 65 lbs.
Each pet must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
Each pet must be spayed or neutered.
Each pet must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations.
May not have been known to have bitten anyone where the injury required medical attention
Any purebred or crossbred dog comprised of any of the following breeds:
Husky-type (including Siberian breeds),
Any Wolf-dog hybrid,
3. All pets must be leashed at all times when in outdoor areas in outdoor areas and are not allowed in shared guest areas (including pool).
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse and following all city ordinances.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
6. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
7. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
8. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Violation of noise levels or guest complaints can result in potential eviction.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
10. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property
"All of our homes are licensed and meet the requirements of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Hotels and Restaurants. The information provided online, though deemed accurate is not guaranteed. It is subject to errors, omissions, change of price or withdrawal without notice."