COVID-19 Update from Once Upon A Beach
We know this is a very difficult, stressful, and unprecedented time for everyone. We completely understand everyone who can not or choosing not to travel at this time. We understand vacation and family time is very important. Many guests save up and plan sometimes in a year in advance to enjoy their spring break or holiday. However the impacts of COVID-19 are serious and everyone needs to work together to decrease the devastation to human life and the economy.
As such we will be working with each and every guest on how to best handle your upcoming reservation. In an effort to streamline communications please do not send multiple messages as this greatly decreases our ability to respond in a timely manner to the hundreds of guests we are set to host in the coming weeks. We will be reaching out and responding to guests in the order in which they are set to arrive. We encourage you to email us with any questions, concerns, or requests. Please be patient with any extended response times during this time.
We continue to collaborate with fellow property managers and businesses and stay abreast industry standards and all the government recommendations and restrictions. We want everyone to be smart, healthy, and safe. We have further adjusted our policies to be as fair and flexible as we can for everyone.
We advise all guests to purchase travel insurance, especially during hurricane season, for unforeseeable events. This information is included in your rental agreement as well as prompted to you while completing your booking. While we never want to be unfair to anyone, we must also maintain our small business, protect our homes, and homeowners.
Status Update as of April 6, 2020
What is the status of the island, beaches, and vacation rentals?
- Due to Governor Ron Desantis’ executive order that ‘vacation rentals are prohibited from making new reservations or bookings and shall not accept new guests’ for the next 14 days and the Safer at Home executive order on April 1st, 2020. We are not accepting any new reservations or allowing existing guest reservations with an arrival after March 28th and before May 1st. Guests with check in dates March 29th through April 30th should contact us directly for cancellation, rebooking, and refund options if you have not already done so.
- Due to City of Anna Maria mayor Dan Murphy’s executive order that ‘vacation rentals are prohibited from making new reservations or bookings and shall not accept new guests’ for the next 14 days. We are not accepting any new reservations with an arrival after March 28th and before June 30th for less than 30 days in the City of Anna Maria only. This is in addition to the governor’s orders and does not impact existing reservations after April 30th or any reservations in the city of Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach.
- All beaches on the island are currently open to residents and current guests of vacation rental homes encouraging safe distancing and groups of people less than 10 but have been closed to the general public driving in for day trips therefor the public beaches, parking lots, and boat ramps on the island are closed to the public.
- Bars are closed and restaurants are operating under take-out/delivery only.
- There is a Shelter-In-Place order for the state of Florida so any non-essential business has been suspended until April 30th.
What are we doing?
- We are not encouraging anyone to travel at this time against government and health recommendations and encourage practicing ‘social distancing’ in an effort to ‘Slow the Spread’ through April 30th.
- We continue to collaborate with fellow property managers and adjust our cancellation policy to be fair and flexible as best we can during this unprecedented time.
- Balance payment deadlines have been temporarily changed from 60 days prior to arrival to 30 days prior to arrival until further notice. This is subject to change at any time.
- Our office location is closed to customers but we are available via phone or email during our business hours Monday – Saturday 9a – 5p.
- Occupancy of of homes will be strictly enforced 24 hours/day (2-3 bedrooms = 6 persons, 4 bedrooms = 8 persons, 5+ bedrooms = 10 persons only)
- We have collaborated with our cleaning company who are taking extraordinary measures to ensure homes are disinfected and sanitized thoroughly. They also have supplies to provide our starter sets like toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, etc.
- We are inspecting homes following and prior to any guest stay but we are not going into homes with guests currently staying unless there is an emergency for which we are using gloves, social distancing, and safety measures as recommended.
AMENDED Cancellation Policy
– As of April 6, 2020
We have amended and updated our cancellation and refund policy for the time being due to extenuating circumstances. We continue to collaborate with fellow property managers and businesses to come up with a solution that is fair and in line with industry standards. This is a very fluid situation and we may be adjusting as needed or as any further travel restrictions reduce or expand. If you booked through a booking site like VRBO or Airbnb please log-in to your traveler dashboard to view information regarding your reservation and their update on COVID-19. Those sites may have specific cancellation and refund policies in place that may override or coincide with our policies put in place.
All cancellation requests must be initiated by guest through website in which they booked. If cancelling entire or portion of reservation, refunds of deposit or full payment are subject to property manager’s ability to re-rent the home for the same number of nights or specific policy of website used to book and a refund will be given in the amount we were able to re-rent the property. We do not make any guarantee that we will be able to rent the property at rate originally paid. If your check-in date is greater than 60 days out, you may move your reservation to any available dates (with same rental requirements) within 1 year plus the difference in current rate, if any. Manager/Owner reserves the right to cancel any reservation subject to issuing a full refund without penalty or responsibility for providing lodging elsewhere. Cancellations for any number of nights in which the home cannot be re-rented, non-arrivals, late arrivals, early departures or alterations that result in a loss of revenue will receive no refunds.
THE ABOVE UNDERLINED HAS BEEN AMENDED AS FOLLOWS:
WITH EXCEPTION TO any guests with a reservation check-in date before May 30, 2020
- Guests with check in dates March 29th through April 30th should contact us directly for for cancellation, rebooking, and refund options if you have not already done so.
- Guests may move their reservation in the same home to a different timeframe within one calendar year of their scheduled arrival. So you have a complete 100% credit at no loss to you to pick other dates.
- Guests may opt to cancel and immediately receive a refund in the amount of 50% of your base rental rate plus 100% of your cleaning, damage, and pet fees.
If you purchased travel insurance at time of booking please contact CSA directly FIRST to see what your coverage options and reimbursement steps are at (877) 243-4135. CSA has temporarily suspended offering travel insurance on any new reservations or being added on to existing reservations at this time.
If you are requesting a cancellation you must do so in writing via email or directly through your traveler dashboard in which you booked. Please include the following items with your request.
- Name of Registered Guest
- Reservation ID
- Dates of Travel
- Country of Origin and/or Reason for Cancellation
- State that you understand our amended cancellation policy
For any guests with an existing reservation check-in date on or after May 30, 2020 and any new reservations made at this time are subject to our Current Cancellation Policy.
Balance payment deadlines have been temporarily changed from 60 days prior to arrival to 30 days prior to arrival until further notice. This is subject to change at any time.
We are adjusting our policies and dates impacted as we continue to receive new information and mandates. We are addressing guest reservations now through April and can not provide options for guests beyond this date at this time until we know more and are completed processing our April guests. Please keep in mind that the varying options we are offering impacted guests between certain date ranges are the same for all our guests in those date ranges to ensure fair business practices.
Again, this is a fluid situation and we greatly appreciate your patience during this time. Thank you in advance and best wishes to you and your family.
Mike & Nikki Kaleta, Once Upon A Beach
Come write ✍🏼 your vacation story 📚 with us. A boutique luxury vacation rental company on Anna Maria Island, FL 🏝 941-584-5844 #writeyourvacationstory
"All of our homes are licensed and meet the requirements of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Hotels and Restaurants. The information provided online, though deemed accurate is not guaranteed. It is subject to errors, omissions, change of price or withdrawal without notice."